Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dread the sled

A. Front squats 3-3-3-3

185-195-205-215



B. Sled Drag Suicides

115lbs on the sled. Three rounds of:
Run to the 10m line and back
Run to the 20m line and back
Run to the 30m line and back

Each round is timed individually. 

Sled drags are always horrible for me.  It's deceptive, though.  On paper, they don't seem so bad.  In fact, I always tell myself I'm going to do a bit extra.  Then I do one and I revise my plans.

They start off okay, and I feel like I'm moving pretty quick to the 10m and back.  On the 20m, I'm still hustling, but my legs are starting to mobilize a protest.  By the the 30m turnaround,, I'm fighting for every step.   After the first round, I really didn't want to do it again.  When I stepped up to the line, I felt this faint sensation of fear mixed with nausea.

I wasn't particularly fast with these, but I was very consistent. Other people had huge time disparities between their first run and subsequent ones. 

Round 1 - 1:10
Round 2 - 1:13
Round 3-  1:12

No comments: