Sunday, August 28, 2011

Frisbee playoffs

In short, our team lost both games and were bounced mercifully from the playoffs. We had 9 people show up, but still no subs for girls, so our ladies were run pretty ragged.

Neither game went to the full 13 points. Both ended as a result of the time cap. We lost the first one by three points to Ramrod. We lost to Discs of Glory (the team we beat in the finals last year) by one point.

I've told the team that I think this season was my last.

After the game, we went to the Brewsters deck and drank beer. I took advantage of the Sunday brunch buffet and absolutely stuffed myself. I did not feel very good about myself afterward.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Is it no longer fun? You of course can always make a comeback of sorts or make sure you're on a team that actually shows up for the games.

Tyler said...

I've been playing for seven years, so I think it's been a good run. I still have fun with my team and wouldn't want to play with anyone else.

Bu with two kids, it's getting harder to make the time committment, and I think next year will be tough for everyone to make the games, despite their optimism now.