Monday, August 8, 2011

Flame War vs. Discs of Glory

I really should've started including results from my Frisbee games here a long time ago. The season is almost over, but better late than never.

We played DOG last night and our team played iron man because we had JUST enough players. I thought it was going to be worse than it was, because my legs were useless from Saturday's WOD for most of the day Monday, but I was running around perfectly fine. In fact, after two and a half weeks of sickness, and feeling like utter crap all day Monday at work, I noticed that I felt AWESOME when I was playing. I guess I need to be hitting the gym more.

It was a very competitive game. At one point, we were down 7-3, and we came back to take the lead in the second half. What started helping is when we started keying in on their team's best player, Bamford. Instead of playing our standard zone defence, I shadowed him like we did last year when we beat them in the playoffs. That stymied their defence a bit. There were a couple of times I got lazy/tired/, though, and Bamford made us pay.

The beginning of the end came when -- with the scored tied 10-10 and very little time left on the clock -- Mike and one of the DOGs collided. Mike's head slammed into the dude's shoulder and he suffered what would later be diagnosed as a concussion. Mike resumed playing when he probably shouldn't have and they scored the winning point. I'm not saying that if he hadn't have been concussed that they wouldn't have scored, because I don't think Mike fell down on defence.

Anyway, it was a great night for Frisbee and a fun, competitive game. You could consider it a moral victory for us, I guess, given the fact that we are an old, short-handed team, but I always say that part of rec sports is showing up.

***

And now for something completely different, because I don't have my other blog anymore.

Courtesy of Aaron...

1 comment:

aaron said...

What up, my sissy brotha!

Tyler, there is clearly another video waiting to be made here.