Monday, December 7, 2009

Strength Club: The Total

First time at Strength Club, and the first time doing a CrossFit Total. I had previous one-rep for back squats and deadlifts, but nothing in recent memory for shoulder presses.

Back Squat x 1: 265lb
Previous max was 235 from a month ago. I'm pretty happy with this number. I actually probably go a bit too low on these, which makes it harder to come back up.


Shoulder Press x 1: 125lb
For my previous warm-up, I did 105, so I was going to start at 115. Then Kurt yells, "Ah, do 125." I think, "What the hell," and I put another 10lbs on the bar.

Then I fail, and yell an impolite thing at Kurt before the bar is even back in the rack.

I taped my wrists for the second try, get myself a little pissed off, and get it overhead. I tried at 130 and got it overhead, but had to walk forward a bit to get it so it doesn't count.


Deadlift x 1: 315lb

I need to work on my deadlift technique BAD. I got 315, but I should be able to lift more than that.


Total: 705

It's a start.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Nice work on the PRs tonight, Tyler!

Kurt said...

That was fun Tyler and you most definitely had more in you for both the back squat and the deadlift. You need to be pissed off more often when lifting - it did the trick.

Robin said...

Oh, you forgot to mention the burpees. ;)

Tyler said...

Yeah, I think I still owe a few, Robin.