Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Christine"

Three rounds, for time, of:

500m row
12 bodyweight deadlifts (185 lbs)
21 20-inch box jumps

I think this was the first time I've done this benchmark, at least with bodyweight deadlifts. Back in February, I did it with 135lbs and it took me 13:14.

When I stepped on the scale this morning, it said 178.6, but the scale at CrossFit Regina said 183 and a bit, (though angdesj swears the scale reads heavy) so I decided to go a bit higher than my actual weight rather than a bit less.

Time was 13:41 or thereabouts. My DL technique needs work, as my back is pretty stiff right now.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Tyler, the deadlifts aren't terribly heavy and there aren't too many of them. That being said, you are doing two other excersises that aren't real easy on your back. So I would expect to have a sore back on this WOD but not a hurt back. Sore is ok...maybe even good but hurt is bad.

Don't beat yourself up about it.

As for your non-paleo-shirtlessness. You are going to have to start watching what you say. People see how fit you are and may be offended that you say how bad you look when you look pretty darn good.

You might make them feel bad about themselves. I too have stopped calling myself fat, eventhough I too have a poor self imagae and probably always will.

Why do our bellies look so bad from the top down?

Tyler said...

You make a good point. I don't want to offend anyone and I also want to be like one of those insufferable skinny size-2 chicks who complains about being "fat."

I should worry less about matching up with shredded, lean physiques like yours and James, and spend more time being grateful for the progress I've made.

If only I would jiggle just a little bit less... : )

Anonymous said...

I agree Chris *gasp*, can't believe I said that, lol. You look great Tyler...you should be proud! .....and hey what's wrong with jiggling......

a

Kurt said...

Face it Tyler, you're in shape now and you look like you work out. It was bound to happen so you just have to accept it and move on even though it's going to be difficult.