Friday, December 11, 2009

Deadlifts x 5, then more Deadlifts and Box Jumps

First part: Deadlifts 5-5-5-5-5

Deadlifting guru Harlan says your five-rep max is supposed to be 72 per cent of your one-rep max. For me and my piddly little 315 max DL, that would be around 225.

Today, I also experimented with an alternate grip on the bar, and I think it helped.

185-205-225-245-255.

Then it was a metcon, for time:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of

Deadlifts (using 60 per cent of your five-rep max)
Box jumps

I did this with 155lbs and the 24-inch box, because we don't have enough 20-inchers.

I was neck-and-neck with the Janimal the whole time. That girl is relentless and just keeps coming like the Terminator.

I'm sure I sacrificed some form in the later rounds, which is why I'm not a huge fan of DL for time. I realize that you should worry about form first and time second, but that's hard for me to do in the heat of the workout.

Time was 6:08

No comments: