Sunday, February 17, 2013

"The Chief"

A minor illness, sick kid and other real-life stuff kept me out of the gym for close to two weeks.  First WOD back is a classic. 

"The Chief"

Five three minute rounds (one minute rest between) with an AMRAP:
3 Squat cleans (135lbs)
6 Push ups
9 Squats

At the start of each round, you start with the 3 squat cleans.  I think we've done the "pick up where you left off" version in the past, too but since Aaron was the coach today, I'm going to assume without looking it up, that starting at the start of the sequence is the correct way to do it. 

Round 1: 5 rounds even.
Round 2: 3 rounds +3+6+7
Round 3: 3 rounds +2
Round 4: 3 rounds +2
Round 5: 3 rounds +2

The Bad:
  • This is quite bit lower than my better results on this 
  • My push-ups continue to suck, both in form and my ability to perform them.
  • My score was the lowest of all the dudes. 

The Good:
  • At least I'm back in the gym.
  • There's something about doing 135lb squat cleans that just make me feel fucking awesome.

No comments: