Thursday, November 22, 2012

Clean and Jerks / American Turkey Burn

A. Clean and Jerk 1-1-1

The WOD actually called for single-rep snatches but I thought better of that.  Did this instead. 

295-205-215F

Aaron reminded me on one of my later lifts to finish my jerk with my shoulders.  It worked so well I kinda nailed myself in the throat on my next lift. 

I actually failed on 215 twice.  I might have got it up the second time if I could have got under the bar better. 


B. “American Turkey Burn”

10 rounds for time:
40 single skips
15 heavy bell swings to shoulder height (70/55)
10 toes to bar
7 pushups

This was in honour of American Thanksgiving.  I didn't feel very thankful for this WOD. 

My goal was just to get through it.  T2Bs and push-ups and I have never gotten along too well.

Actually, when it came down to doing this WOD, the PUs didn't bother me as much as, well, any of the other stuff. 

This took me 31:07 (I think... it was 31:something anyway) and in the end I was just thankful it was over. 

No comments: