Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6 a.m. Sexayness: Back Squat & On the Clock

Made it to another 6 a.m. WOD despite not getting enough sleep last night. It's the Year of the Dragon, so I guess I'll be "dragon" my ass later.

Hey, I'm fucking tired, that's the best I've got right now, humour-wise.



A. Strength: Back Squat 5-5-5

Even the 135lb warm-up squats felt heavy, so I knew I wasn't getting any PRs this morning.

I went 225-245-255, which is only 15lbs off my five-rep PR.

B. Metcon: With a continuously running clock for 12 minutes, each minute do:
15 Kettlebell Swings (shoulder height) 55/35lb
10 Push-Ups

At end of 12 minutes immediately start 5 minutes of max Double-Unders (or once unable to complete work within the 60 seconds allowed).

I actually didn't think I'd get through the full 12 rounds, but I did finish. I think what worked for me was splitting up the sets of 10 push-ups into five-and-five, and then 5-3-2 in the the later rounds, so I didn't burn out my arms. I did all the swings unbroken.

159 double unders.

* * *

Overheard in the Gym:
"You back squat more before 7 a.m. than most people back squat all day."

No comments: