Monday, December 12, 2011

"Jackie"

1000m row
50 45lb thrusters
30 pull-ups

I didn't do the first part of the day's WOD, a clean and jerk "wave," because my wrist is still bothering me when catching a clean.


8:16. That's 19 seconds faster than my only other recorded time of doing Jackie, one year ago almost to the day. That's a fairly good time. I was trying to stay ahead of D3, but it's not like it was a fair race because he HAD done the clean and jerks before doing this, whereas I was fresh.

For the row, I turned the rower up to 8 and a half, compared to my usual 7ish. I think that helped. I took a couple of quick breaks, but managed to complete the row in around 3:35.

Thrusters - I did the first 15 unbroken, then it was a bunch of smaller sets. Sixes, fours.

Pull-ups - 10 unbroken from the start, then smaller sets. My final set was two.

I felt a bit nauseous afterward. My forearms were tingling. I was unsure how I would be able to drive home.

I guess that means it was a good workout.

No comments: