Thursday, April 9, 2015

B-Squad: RowSwingSquatRun and Muscle-up #28

Warm-up

Ten rounds of:

  • AirDyne  for 30 seconds
  • Rest for 30 seconds.



WOD

For time:
1000m row
60 bell swings, shoulder height (55 lb)
30 goblet squats
5 laps around the gym

10:03



"For dessert, might I suggest the muscle-ups, sir?"

Afterwards I was just hanging out when some of the kids in the teens class were swinging on the rings.  For shits and giggles, I attempted a muscle up.  I expected to fail, and I did.  I tried another one and failed again, but felt I was a little closer.  So I tried again and failed. And again.   But each time, it seemed like I was a little closer.   Nolan gave me some advice and I tried to really concentrate on the "headbutt" portion, which is something I've always known about but never really done.

After about six or seven failures, I finally got one.  It was my first since October.  God, that's lame.  

I need to do two more in the next three weeks to reach 30 within two years of getting my first one... which is pretty sad.  It might be time to move the rings out to the garage again.

No comments: