Sunday, April 7, 2013

CrossFit Open 2013: That's how I do

While the Open was ongoing, I wasn't keeping track of where I was in the standings. I did, however, start poking around the leaderboard after I finished up.

I thought it might be interesting to record my results here, so I can look back in a year and compare my results to next year's Open. I'd expect that I'd finish lower in the standings, given that more people will likely take part in the Open, and any performance gains I make will probably be incremental at best (and that's barring any potential setbacks I could experience due to age, injury and/or binge eating.)

So here's how I finished:

18,117th place worldwide
I don't know how many guys actually completed all the workouts in the individual men's category, and finding out would take more time than I'm willing to invest in this. I do know that my result put me just behind Darren Jenkins of Australia. I beat him in four out of the five WODs, but he totally destroyed me in 13.3. I'm coming for you next year, Jenkins! You best watch yo' kangaroo-kissing, boomerang-tossing, Crocodile Dundee-loving ass!


485th in Canada West
This is out of 1,288 guys who submitted scores for every event. Not quite the top third, but at least it's on the right side of the bell curve. It's probably an appropriate result for someone who is fairly good at some aspects of CrossFit, but far from elite.


9th in CrossFit Regina
Looking at the list of CFR dudes who submitted scores for every event, there isn't a single guy who ranked ahead of me that I would have expected to beat overall.   In fact, there were at least four guys below me who would have likely pushed me out of the top 10, but didn't do all the events due to injuries or other factors.  So that result flatters me.  (I think you're pretty, too, Result).


Here's how I ranked in Canada West for each WOD.  Clearly, 13.5 was my best event, and significantly boosted my finish in the overall standings.
 
13.1 - 682nd

13.2 - 612th

13.3 - 769th  Once again, Dave Castro can kiss my ass.  

13.4 - 492nd

13.5 - 301st  Fuck yeah. 

2 comments:

Steve said...

Great job Tyler you really worked hard for every rep!

Leya said...

I think you need to track down Darren Jenkins of Australia and start an internet-based year long feud with him leading up to next year's Open. It would be glorious.