Monday, October 22, 2012

Max Clean and Jerk / Angie to the Max


A. Max Clean & Jerk 3-2-1-1-1
 
135x3, 155x2, 185x1, 205x1, 210x1(PR)

 
 
B. “Angie to the Max”
 
2 rounds of 2 minutes AMRAP each of:
  • Pullups
  • Pushups (not exactly modified, but, as Leya pointed out, they were substandard and shitty ... though I don't really blame her*)
  • Situps 
  • Squats

I really need to pay better attention.  I thought this was two minutes of Tabata for each of these exercises and didn't realize that it wasn't until I looked up at the clock. 

Then when I fiinished the squats on the first round, I thought I was done.  I sat down and started adding up my results, glad it was over.  Then I realized everyone else was back doing pull-ups. 

Knowing I had to do another eight minutes of this was a very unpleasant wake-up call.
 
Total reps, if I did the math right, was 363. 


Overheard at the Gym:

"My God, Leya, your shins! You should wear socks.  Not to protect your shins.  To protect me from having to see your shins."
-Me.

.

1 comment:

Leya said...

Nice C&J pr! And my shins are a thing of beauty.