Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Tyler? Are you gonna make it?"

"Christine"
Three rounds, for time, of:

500m row
12 Bodyweight deadlift (185lbs because I'm a fatty)
21 Box Jumps  20"

13:40 (PR)

I was completely spent afterward.  Like, someone-asking-me-if-I-was-going-to-live kind of spent.  I'd say who it was, but I actually don't know, because I was in a state of exhausted, post-WOD delerium, so grateful for the opportunity to just lay on the black floor mats and NOT HAVE TO EXERCISE ANYMORE. 

(Actually, we were supposed to do weighted pull-ups afterward, but I had to get back to work, so I skipped out on those.  They would have just damaged my self-esteem, anyway.)

Writing this 24 hours after the fact, I just realized that this is a one-second PR for me.  Before doing the WOD, I consulted the Sissy Hands Archives for my previous Christine results, but I didn't read carefully.  I had done it with 135 lbs in 13:14 years ago, but my best recorded rx'd time was 13:41.   When I did this last December, it was 13:57.

 

No comments: