Monday, July 2, 2012

Filthy Fifty - "There's a reason they don't call it Happy Fifty"

For time:
50 Box jump, 24″
50 Jumping Pull-ups
50 Bell Swings, 35/25lb
50 Lunges
50 Knees to Elbows (overhand grip)
50 Push Press, 45/35lb
50 Back Extensions (sub=Good Mornings 45/35lb)
50 Wall Balls, 20/14lb
50 Burpees
50 Double-unders

31:33 (PR)

There is so much about this WOD to hate.  I do not like knees-to-elbows, and the burpees were like pure torture.  On the 16th burpee, I went down and stayed down.  I contemplated having a little nap. 

I did the DUs in two sets of 25, which sounds good, but in between those sets I rested long enough to watch a sitcom.

I beat my very old PR by about two minutes, but I think the old one was set using strict burpees.  Not sure how much of a difference that would have made today.  Maybe a lot, I dunno.

No comments: