Monday, June 18, 2012

"Try not to hurt yourself, Dumbass"

Back at CFR a week after tweaking my back. 

A. Snatch Balance to moderate heavy single 3-3-3-1-1-1


Triples:
Bar x 3
95lb x 3
95lb x 3

My right shoulder was bothering me every time I tried to bring the bar back down to my shoulders, so I didn't want to go any heavier on the triples.   This could be the lingering effect from the jumping muscle-up debacle a little while ago, or I could just be getting old and broken down. 

Singles
115lb x 1
125lb x 1
135lb x 1 

My listed max for a one-rep squat snatch is 150, but this didn't feel like a "Set a new PR" kinda day.  More like a "Try not to hurt yourself, dumbass" day. 


B. Squat Snatch 3-2-1-1-1

95 x 3
115 x 2
125 x 1
135 x 1 - I actually did this twice.  The first time I caught it way high, and lowered myself into a squat.  Second time, I got under it better.
145 x 1 - I didn't fail on this, but this was basically a power snatch followed by an overhead squat. That doesn't count. 


C. Metcon = “Eight Minutes”

4 rounds, each round starts at 2 minute marks
6L + 6R one-arm Kettlebell Swings to shoulder height, choose KB (I chose 55lbs)
9 Goblet Squats with KB
12 Burpees

Done (untimed). 

I was done all of the rounds with 30 or 40 seconds to spare. 

This was a good, quick little metcon.   In the last round, I had thought I'd blast through the burpees like a man with nothing to lose.  But then, about six in, I got tired and started slacking off.  I had tons of time and no motivation to finish super-quick because I didn't need any time to rest since it was the last round. I got it done, but I got that shit done on MY TIME. 

Honestly, I may be the laziest CrossFitter on Earth, but have no way of empirically determining that.  You don't see that category represented at the "World Series of Exercise (copyright Drywall) do ya?
 





No comments: