Monday, June 11, 2012

"I should just quit CrossFit & make an appointment to get vajazzled"

A. Squat Cleans 3-2-1-1-1  then two sets of 2x85% of your one rep max

3x135
2x155
1x175
1x195
1x205 PR

I felt like there was maybe a bit more room at 205, but I'm really happy to get it. 

I used 175 for the two sets of doubles at the end.  My back was still a little stiff from the high-rep snatches on Saturday, and this movement aggravated that a bit on the first set. 

Even though there was a little imaginary birdie on my shoulder telling me I should just skip the last set and avoid any chance of injury, I stupidly decided I needed to do it. 

In fact, I would have to be a colossal pussy to NOT do it, wouldn't I?  I mean, I should just quit CrossFit and make an appointment to get vajazzled.



Obviously, I failed on the second attempt and tweaked my back even further to boot. I'll probably have to sit out CrossFit until Thursday at the earliest, Because I'm a dumbass who doesn't pay attention to the warning signs his body is sending him. 

But at least I'm not a pussy, right? 


B. Handstand Push-Ups: 5-4-3-2-1

Done.  I did them all strict, except for the set of three.  I did those kipping, but I did extra to compensate.


C. Run 1km carrying a 20 lb medicine ball

5:25.  That sucked some pretty serious ass.

No comments: