Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Bear and Weighted Pull-ups

I had another 5:40am conversation with myself this morning.

"You're awake. Get the fuck up and go to that 6am workout."
"Bed. Comfy. Warm. Tired."
"Don't give me that shit. You know damn well you can get up."
"I could go at noon."
"You always say you want to go at 6am, yet you hardly ever go. It will be a lovely start to your day."
"I was up past midnight last night."
"That's why scientists invented caffiene. Go. You won't regret it."
"But it's cold out there."
"Okay, now you're just being a pussy. Get the fuck up."


A. “The Bear” 5 rounds of 7 reps
1 rep = 1 each of:
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Push Press
Increase weights each round.



75-85-105-115-120(PR)

Christian gave some good advice, which was not to increase our weight too quickly. I've felt for a long time that I could do more than my previous best of 115, but the Bear is really frickin' hard. Today at 6am, I just wanted to beat that mark, but not smash it.


B. Weighted Pull-ups 3-2-1-1-1


15-25-35-45F



***

Overheard at the gym:

"Now my family is me, a Japanese dog, and another dude."
.

2 comments:

aaron said...

Do you mean that conversation at the beginning was between you and Christian?

Tyler said...

No, but if Tracey ever kicks me out, I will likely end up as the Jack to Christian and Blancy's Janet and Chrissy.