Monday, September 26, 2011

Squat Snatch and Dot Com WOD

A. Squat Snatch 3-2-1-1-1


"Keep your friends close and your barbells closer."

-Sage advice for Olympic lifting and life in general.

95-115-135(F)-135-145
The weight went up fine on the failed rep, but I threw it too far back and lost my balance.

On the last two successful reps, it wasn't a true squat snatch, as I didn't catch the weights in a squat, but I did go down into a squat and stand up with them.

B. Today’s Dot Com
AMRAP in 15 minutes of:
10 Wall Ball – 20/14lb
10 Toes to Bar (sub straight leg raises)
10 Box Jumps – 24/20″

8 rounds, even. It wasn't until I was into my second round that I realized it was a 15 minute AMRAP. I had thought it was 10. Not that it made a difference to my game-planning or anything.

Oh, and I've realized that I hate Toes to Bar a bit less than I hate Knees to Elbows. But only slightly.

No comments: