Thursday, February 17, 2011

TGU and PLU/KBS

A. Turkish Get-Ups 3-2-1 L&R

In the three years coming to CrossFit Regina, I had never done Turkish get-ups before. I only did 45lbs, and tried to get the technique down. Still needs work, but this was kind of fun. (Which means I wasn't working nearly hard enough, I'm sure.)

B. For time: 100 Kettlebell Swings to shoulder height, 7 Pull-ups to start each minute (70 lbs)

God, this sucked.

It just occurred to me that I start a lot of paragraphs on this blog with that phrase, so I should clarify for the three people who occasionally read this.

The WOD itself was simply hellish in a CrossFit sort of way, which is what I pay for. It would be more accurate to say that I sucked. The first minute, I did 35 KB swings.

But then the introduction of pull-ups just fucked everything up. Firstly, I had severely compromised grip from hanging on to the KB. Plus, after I was done the pull-ups, I had way less time to do swings. By the third or fourth round, I actually didn't get done my PLUs on time to do any swings, so I'd have to start a brand new set of pull-ups. That happened at least twice, maybe three times, in the 10:00 it took me to finish this WOD. Full disclosure: I started my 100th swing before the clock hit the top of the minute but may not have completed it.


I would like to add that I was very pleased with myself that I managed to get out of bed this morning in time for a 6am workout. Good to see Harlan, Janimal, Michelle and Tristan there.

4 comments:

aaron said...

Would it hurt your feeling to know that you were to start the whole thing with pull-ups and then hit the bell swings? Even in the first minute?

Tyler said...

You know, I sort of wondered about that later.

Annonomous said...

I did it just for you man

Robin said...

Good job, that one was a grip killer.

I heart Turkish Getups.

AND I'm typing this on my new Blackberry Torch!