Thursday, September 3, 2015

B-Squad: Floor Press and Holy Shit, that's a lot of T2B

A. Floor Press 5-5-5-5-5

Basically, these are like bench press, with no bench.  I'm sure I've done them before... maybe once.  But I didn't look up what I did.

Turns out, these mofos are hard.   145 was as high as I was getting and it wasn't pretty.


B. Metcon

5 4 rounds of:

10 ring dips
20 toes to bar
30 double unders

Nolan originally conceived this as a 5-rounder.  I noted that doing 100 T2B was a terrible idea, remembering how 51 of those fuckers tore the shit out of Rankin's hands


Nolan, being a kind and compassionate soul, reduced the number of rounds to 4 (that's 80 T2B for you math geniuses out there who aren't reading this blog... who am I kidding?)

Took me 13:55.  I might have been able to shave a bit of time off that, but I was also trying to encourage my son, who was powering through a WOD of his own.  I'm so damn proud of that kid.  I hope he knows that.

No comments: