Monday, September 23, 2013

Back at it: Power Snatch and Running

I think the leg injury is mostly behind me now.  Standing up at my desk at work seemed to accelerate the healing, even if I couldn't go to CrossFit for two weeks due to getting snipped.

I'm not lazy.  I'm just not taking any goddamn chances. 

I wasn't completely inactive during this time, though.  Just this past week, the Boy learned to ride his bike without training wheels, so there was some light jogging beside him, mostly to make sure he didn't crash into a car or a tree while he was bragging about how awesome he was doing.

But, my leg and my junk have now healed to the point where I can go back to CrossFit Regina and give "not taking it easy" a shot. 

A. Power Snatch 3-2-1-1-1


95 x 3, 115 x 2, 125 x 1, 135 x 1, 145 x 1(FAIL), 145 x 1

I could feel a bit of tightness in my leg, but I don't think it really hampered anything. 


B. For times:

Run 800m, 400m, 200m, 100m

800m - 3:25
400m - 1:34
200m - 0:45
100m - 0:19

Running felt good.  I didn't think about my leg at all while I was doing it. 

It was pretty dark in the alley, so I wasn't sure about footing and may have been a bit more tentative because of it.  I don't think it made much of a difference in the times. 

I didn't set any PRs, but it feels pretty good to be back. 

No comments: