Monday, September 3, 2012

BCBD WODs

I'm not going to the Bridge City Beatdown this year, having missed the opportunity to sign up when in Vegas.  But we still get to try some of the competitions. 

A. BCBD SAT WOD#1
4 minutes to find 5 rep max Clean – FOR MAX WEIGHT
Start with an empty bar. You have to load your own bar, and you have 35 seconds to complete the five reps once the bar leaves the ground.

I like WODs like this, and they are far less nerve-racking outside of the competition. 

Started with 145.  Then I did 165.  I had more than a minute left so decided to go to 175. 

175 actually felt better than 165.  I feel like there was some room left for me to go up. 



B. BCBD FRI WOD#1
50 ft shuttle x 22 lengths – FOR TIME

Start behind a line, run around a pylon 25 feet away, come back behind the line and touch both hands on the ground.  Sounds easy.  Sucked by the 11th rep.

2:17. 

No comments: