Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hang Power Cleans/”Spirit of ’76″

A. Strength = Hang Power Clean 3-3-3-1-1-1

135-165-175-185-205(F)-205

The worst part is the catching the weight between reps on the 3s. According to my sidebar, I hadn't done these for nearly two years.

B. Metcon = “Spirit of ’76″
2 Clean & Jerk at start of each minute for 15 minutes (any form of clean, any form of jerk) using 167lbs.

Done, as rx'd.

I tried to start the first rep of each minute as close to the top of the minute as possible, and start the second one about 15 seconds in. That gave me time to do the first, ditch the bar, get breathing under control, set up, and start the second one. Then I would have 30+ seconds to rest.

On my final jerk, I did brush the bar against my nose on the way up, because I am a dumbassed, big-nosed tool. Another centimetre closer to my face and it would have really hurt and probably cost me the rep.


Hey, now that I only have one blog to worry about, maybe I should make this one marginally less boring. Here's a video of how to do a hang power clean. I find the sound she makes when she lands her jump very erotic, don't you?

No comments: