Thursday, July 21, 2011

800m x 3

3x800M Repeats

Run 1: 3:18

Afterward, Tyler thinks, "Hey considering I've been completely inactive for a week, that felt pretty good. But 3:18 isn't great. I think I can do better than that. I'll push it a bit more on the second one."

During Run 2...

"Okay, I've done 400m. Shit, is that it? I'm gettng tired. Maybe I started too quick. Whatever... keep going, fatboy."

(Later)
"Last 100m, let's pick up the pace. Thank God this is almost over."


Robin: "3:18!"

Me: *gasping* "FRICK!"


Run 3:

"Okay, this is ridiculous, it's only been 200m and I'm feeling it already. Come ON, Tyler, I need to beat 3:18 on this last one."

(Later)

"Final stretch, about 150m left. Let's go. I've kept a good pace, big strides throughout. This has gotta be quicker than the first two. Time to really sprint to the finish and really smash that 3:18 mark. I'll probably be under 3:10. Fuck, I am awesome. Robin and Julie are gonna be SO impressed."
(I run to the end as fast as I can...)

Robin: "3:27!"

Me: "Aaaaaagh!"

No comments: