Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Elizabeth, plus Tabata

“Elizabeth” for time
21-15-9 reps of:
Cleans 135/95lb
Ring Dips

Took me 12:49 as rx'd. Considering that's more than a nine-minute improvement over the last time I did this, I'm pretty happy about it. Basically, it's a result of me that me getting over my fear of 135-lb cleans following the strength work that I've been doing.

That's not to say there isn't room for improvement here. I still took too many breaks during the cleans and my ring dips could be better. But I'm in a really good mood (about this WOD and some other stuff not related to CrossFit) so I'm not going to dwell on the negative for once.

Speaking of negative, we also had to do a Tabata mash-up with pull-ups and 20" box jumps. Tabata is alternating exercises, 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest.

Here's how it went for me:

12 PLU
rest
11 BJ
rest
9 PLU
rest
11 BJ
rest
7 PLU
rest
10 BJ
rest
5 PLU
rest
9 BJ
rest
6 PLU
rest
10 BJ
rest
5 PLU
rest
8 BJ
rest
6 PLU
rest
12 BJ
rest
8 PLU
rest
11 BJ

Total: 58 pull-ups and 82 box jumps for a combined score of 140.

Tabatas... they're just awful. 15 minutes after I was done the workout, I still felt like I might puke.

No comments: