Saturday, July 4, 2015

Douglas Park: Tennis, anyone?

Harlan and I went to the Douglas Park tennis courts for our weekly workout.  ^

It is a large, enclosed complex with 5 concrete courts side by side.


A. Warm-up - Slamball toss burpees

We stood about 10 feet apart and tossed the 20lb slam ball back and forth.  Every time we did a throw, we dropped to the ground to do a burpee.


B. WOD - Five rounds of lines

Starting at the midpoint line of court #1, we run to the midline of court #2, then back to court #1, to court #3 and back, then finally to court #4 and back.

We then rested long enough to catch our breath and do it again.

My times:
42 seconds (I paused briefly as I got confused about what court I was supposed to be on)
39 seconds
39 seconds
38 seconds
38 seconds


Bonus: Sprint from outer edge of court #1 to the outer edge of court #5 and back.

It took me 24 seconds.


C. Max push-ups

I forgot we were going to do this.  I probably would have skipped the bonus sprint if I had remembered.

I was tired and could only manage 20.

No comments: