Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Early morning Ginger Power

A. 15(to 20) minutes to Back Squat Double (~3 attempts) then 85%x3x2

Doubles: 255, 275, 285, 300(PR)
85%: 255x3x2

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty happy with the 300lb PR. I should have tried 300x1 long ago before, didn't have any confidence I could do it until I managed to do 275x5 about a month ago.

Christian attributed this to "Ginger Power first thing in the morning."

He likes referring to me as a ginger because he thinks it bothers me. I'm not a ginger but -- just to be clear -- it doesn't bother me that he calls me a ginger. Gingers are awesome, whether or not they have souls. It bothers me that he thinks it bothers me, if that makes any sense. I guess I just don't like seeing him derive joy from anything.



B. 4x600M Row, 2-5 minute recoveries

Yeah, this was not fun. 2:05, 2:05, 2:12, 2:24

Me: "I took a nice little rest on the last one. I regret nothing."

Ryan: "Just enjoying a ride down the river."

Me: "Look, there's a deer!"

C. Unbroken Pull-ups M=3x(5 Dead Hang+10 Kipping)

Time was running short and my arms were burnt out so I did one set and not as rx'd. Did the 5 deadhangs plus 2 kipping. Took a nice rest and did the remaining 8 kipping.

No comments: