Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strength - Workout B - Here I go again

Let's try this again.

My plan is to hit CrossFit Regina four times a week. Two of those days will be Stength work, two will be the scheduled WOD.

I've also got Ultimate Frisbee at least one day a week, so that should keep me pretty busy.

With the Strength stuff, I'm starting a bit below where I was before I hurt myself in mid-March. I should be back in the swing of things in a couple of weeks.

Here's what I did today:


Back Squats - Three sets of 5 x 250 lbs

That's 20 lbs under my max. And it still sucked.


Bench Press - Three sets of 5 x 135 lbs

Five pounds under my max. Plenty heavy.


Power Clean - Five sets of 3 x 145 lbs


Ten pounds under my max. These weren't exactly light for me, but they weren't as concerning as the other two.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

I'm starting this program and I'm going to follow it to a T with three a week and no cardio.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3382978/Starting-Strength-Logbook-Calculator

I plugged my starting numbers into it and kind of freaked out by what it's saying I should be at by the end of eight weeks.

Are you doing the milk or just eating more this time?

Tyler said...

I will probably just try to eat well and be satisfied with slower progress on the strength. My cardio didn't come back as quick as I wanted, so I would like to maintain it. I will re-evaluate as needed.