Saturday, June 14, 2014

VolkeFit: Bringing Sexy Back (Squats)

Warm-up

2km on the AirDyne


Workout

A.  Work up to a heavy (not max) triple

God, it's been so long since I squatted.  I started at 185 and went up in 10 lb increments. 

I went to 245x3 and decided to stop there. 


B. AMRAP of 75% of A. 

I used 185lbs.  I did 17 reps, which was more than I was expecting.  There were periodic rests (with the barbell still across my shoulders.) 


C.  Double unders and burpees

50 DUs
10 burpees
40 DUs
10 burpees
30 DUs
10 burpees
20 DUs
10 burpees
10 DUs
10 burpees

My legs were pretty tired after A and B,  so this was a bit of a debacle.

In the first set of DUs, I failed after every ten reps.  It didn't get much better in subsequent sets,

In the end, I finished in 8:38, which is way slower than I would expect of myself. 

No comments: