Monday, October 24, 2011

Hang Power Snatch, KBS/PU/DU

A. Hang Power Snatch 3-2-1-1-1

115x3
125x2
135x1
145x1
150x1 (PR~!)


I finally snatched more than 145lbs. It was a bit of a press-out, but whatever. It's also ABOUT FUCKING TIME, as I first did 145 in June of LAST FUCKING YEAR.

Look, I know it's not a huge deal for an adult male to snatch this much, and it's still a good 25lbs beneath my bodyweight(okay, 30), but this felt like getting a monkey off my back.

I think there were two reasons I was able to do 150 today when I had failed previously. One is the new way CFR is programming these strength days. The 3-2-1-1-1 rep scheme warms you up without burning you out. Also, my mindset was pretty good, partially because I was happy about my rack jerk PR on Friday. I was in a good mood at the gym, having fun but still focused.


B. 12 minutes with a continuously running clock, each minute starts with 15 KB Swings to shoulder height 55/35lb, 10 Push-ups
Immediately after 12 minutes start 5 minutes of max Double-Unders (“Half Rhiannon”)
If unable to complete a round within 60 seconds go immediately to Double-Unders upon missing the round

I got done 10 full rounds, barely. My push-ups continue to suck, thanks for asking.

I then did a single bell swing so I could wait until the end of that minute to start my double unders. I never claimed to be a proud man.

172 DUs

No comments: