Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sandbag loading/Turkish Get-Ups

Two things I don't have a lot of experience with today. It showed.

A. Sandbag Loading
Max reps in 2 minutes x 3, rest as needed between sets
Men use 3/4 body weight

Set racks at 6 holes for men, 4 holes for women
CrossFit Regina site warned: "This will be tougher than it looks."

Yeah. I've never done sandbag loading.

First set: 3

Second set: 4
and that included me wasting about 20 seconds on a blown attempt.

Third set: 2. Fuuuuuuck. Basically, on the third attempt in the set, I couldn't get it high enough to get it over the bar and blew a bunch of energy trying rather than re-setting. Curse my slightly-below-average height and short arms that made it hard to bearhug the bag.

B. TGU + 2 Snatch + 3 Overhead Squat
Alternate sides, max reps in 7 minutes
Select KB, not too heavy. Snatches do not need to touch floor between each rep.

I used 35lbs and got through this sequence 9 times. It's good to have a bit more experience doing TGUs and it was really great to get in for a 6am WOD.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

My issue with this one was that I had issues with a lumpy bag. Hah! It wasn't compact to my chest so as I went up part of the bag would slide down. My best effort was three and the rest was 1's and 2's. Kind of pathetic.


I managed 11 rounds with the second part and that's with leya instructing me on my crap TGU form.